Location: Arkansas, United States
I'm just your average, everyday, married, thirty-something, right wing, computer programming, 2 dog-having, righteous dude in the Southlands. I love to spend time with my wife and dogs, love electrinic gizmos, watch old school sci-fi & still manage to play some soccer on the weekends. I'm a progressive geek, if you would.
> see my complete profile <

Get Firefox!
XBOX Live



  Help the Hurricane Survivors!

20 June 2005

Formula One Flop

In a move that speaks volumes for one of the most presumptuous racing bodies on earth, 14 of 20 cars pulled out of the US Grand Prix at the hollowed walls of the Indianopolis Motor Speedway this weekend. Due to a safty concern over poor tires, the owners and drivers tried to come to a 11th hour concession of adding a chicane to slow drivers on the corner in question, but the blokes in the Ferrari pits joyfully abstained, crushing any chance of a good showing.

Fans booed, and threw water bottles onto the track, this was Indianapolis - not Philadelphia right?

After reading around a bit this morning I have found an editorial that sums it up here. I have been to the track for the 500 nearly every year since 1990, and I know the true feel of Indy. That said, having gone to the inagural US Grand Prix several years ago, it was one of the most bland, cold, unwelcoming events that I have ever attended, and looks like it will struggle to right itself on this debacle.