Location: Arkansas, United States
I'm just your average, everyday, married, thirty-something, right wing, computer programming, 2 dog-having, righteous dude in the Southlands. I love to spend time with my wife and dogs, love electrinic gizmos, watch old school sci-fi & still manage to play some soccer on the weekends. I'm a progressive geek, if you would.
> see my complete profile <

Get Firefox!
XBOX Live



  Help the Hurricane Survivors!

19 February 2006

ice, ice baby...

We're getting pretty stir crazy over here, been iced-in since friday evening and Melissa is about to kill. I'd try and get her out and go do something, but our street looks like the luge track. It's just a huge downhill sheet of ice. Pray for me. Red rum! Red rum!!!

So i'm up for a bit of a change to the old Prime Mover design, I think that the "fish" is a great look, but it's just not as practical as it should be. I'd like to add a few features that aren't a "disembodied" xbox live tracker that I will never use. Especially since my wife has all but forbidden me to get a next-gen gaming system until the baby turns 16 - sucks to grow up, no?

I'd like to know your thoughts on a redesign though. I'd really like to get my readership up and am thinking about some cool, non LRB.com, features. Sorry, LT, no "hot-computer chicks" drinking in the snow. Hmmm, maybe that's not so bad an idea after all - I'll take over the social blog scene in Little Rock...with complete sentences. MWAAAA-HA-HA-HA!

Speaking of babes, we've decided to go with a jungle theme for "Mikey the Third" and are starting the nursery as soon as the ice storm melts off. Found some cool stuff online, should be uber sweet when we're done too. We have our first baby shower this week and will finally have some stuff to start moving in.

Maybe more later today...off to watch curling (I was serious - I love it!).