Location: Arkansas, United States
I'm just your average, everyday, married, thirty-something, right wing, computer programming, 2 dog-having, righteous dude in the Southlands. I love to spend time with my wife and dogs, love electrinic gizmos, watch old school sci-fi & still manage to play some soccer on the weekends. I'm a progressive geek, if you would.
> see my complete profile <

Get Firefox!
XBOX Live



  Help the Hurricane Survivors!

13 February 2006

Google = EVIL

Google is really kinda scaring me these days with the Orwellian vibes. Check out the latest on Google Desktop from WIRED...

"According to a statement issued yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Google Desktop ain't what it seems. A new feature of the application now records the contents of your hard drive, storing actual copies of your files -- including Word documents, PDFs, and spreadsheets. Concern about the new "Search Across Computers" feature arises out of the possibility that making such files available to Google opens users up to severe invasion of privacy, not only from hackers, but from government surveillance as well."