Location: Arkansas, United States
I'm just your average, everyday, married, thirty-something, right wing, computer programming, 2 dog-having, righteous dude in the Southlands. I love to spend time with my wife and dogs, love electrinic gizmos, watch old school sci-fi & still manage to play some soccer on the weekends. I'm a progressive geek, if you would.
> see my complete profile <

Get Firefox!
XBOX Live



  Help the Hurricane Survivors!

03 November 2005

Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!

Wow. It's been a while since my last post. But be assured that now I'm back from the land of work stress for a brief while and plan on making some impact on the blogosphere again.

Let's recap the last two weeks shall we? I'll give the abridged version for all of you kids today...

If you have never been to Athens, Georgia, you are really missing one of the South's most relaxing and beautiful cities. Home of the University of Georgia, and my brother-in-law, we drove the miserable 10 hours between Little Rock and Athens twice in a 3 day period to attend the 2005 UGA Homecoming football game against the Razorbacks. It was a weekend that I will not soon forget, my body is still thinks it has alcohol poisoning 2 weeks later...Fun as hell and the Hogs almost pulled off the upset on the #4 Bulldogs. All I have to say to that is GEAUX TIGERS ;)

We got back from the trip and made our way to the Baby doctor on Tuesday, all is well with our pregnancy and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time - let me tell you, if you have never experienced that, it's one of the few moments in my life that I can actually define as amazing and life changing...

Back to work, over the remainder of the last 2 weeks, I have cranked out 4 new website designs (4 HUGE designs too). My brain feels like creative afterbirth. Kicker is I still have 2 more to do this week, how I'm going to pull that one off - I dunno...?


To the home front - Grass. No, not the kind you smoke, the kind you plant. In my supreme wisdom, I planted the wrong kind of grass seed earlier this year. After the 100 degree days of late summer, our yard looked like a desert. Just so you know Rye grass FRIES, no erupts into flame, in the Arkansas sun. Saturday, I spent the afternoon raking up the old stuff, putting new sod down and overseeding Bermuda.

OK, now you're caught up. I'll have more soon...